Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

3rd day

--- Tidy mind, Tidy stitches ---
How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.

---Tidy?---
Alright. As you may expect: I am not tidy. I have way too many creative hobbies to be tidy. I'm going to take photos of each of my stashes, knitting, Jewellery making sewing and cross-stitching. I dont really have a stash for painting; but I will show you my bag of paints. Here goes. This post will be VERY photo-heavy, so please allow time for the photos to load.

Knitting stash 1. (<==) See: messy. I think if I had my own place that I'd have room to spread out my stash over a bigger amount of space than here. The bags on top all contain projects that are on the needles now. The tin contains.... My stash of buttons. And a page reminding me how to work a buttonhole. This however is not my only stash of yarn...
I still have Yarn stash number 2 (right)Which is full of my favourite yarns and odd balls of merino. There's also a large ball of pistachio green pompom yarn, which I plan to make into a scarf about autumn time. I also have a large stash of knitting magazines. I have no subscriptions, but would love one; especially one of the knitter. But theres also other magazines there and a simple knits book that I got for Christmas.
Now my stash of sewing materials. (<==) you see the little blue box underneath my sewing machine? that's full of Fat Quarters and sewing thread. And the gigantic box under my bed..... full of old t-shirts, jeans, various scraps of Fabric and the spare parts for my sewing machine.I know few people who knit.... well I say that but many of the people I talk to knit; problem is: 90% of them are online and at least 50% of them don't live in this country. Not good, especally if someone calls me a weirdo for knitting. I can't exactly turn on my phone a show them my ravelry friends list. They'd laugh 'Have you ever even met any of these people?'.......'no'.
I do make jewellery as well as knit... and here's a photo of my stash of beads (along with some well placed Lush Pots)
I don't make that much jewellery anymore; because DI(disposable Income) Is hard to come by these days. and If I do have DI I'd rather spend it on Yarn online or take my gorgeous boyfriend out to dinner. Beads are not usually part of my wishlist anymore.

That's pretty much all of my stashes that I'm prepared to show you......
Ok then; I hear you..... I do have another way of organizing my stash... other than the  buywhateverIlikeandthenthrowitanywhere- scheme. It's called Ravellry.
I try to keep  my Rav Stash as tidy and as up to date as possible. but half the time I can't. mostly because I use Yarn way before I get a chance to put the Yarn on Ravelry and that proves problematic. Yet again I would really need to move house to get my Yarn stash organised enough to  be proud to show.

---Tomorrow---
on the 4th Day..... well you'll just have to wait and see. tomorrow's the Last of the month (I can't believe we're a quarter of the Year in)
So it's a toodles from me for the moment; talk to you's all again tomorrow
Luv from Aki X

No comments:

Post a Comment