Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

Day 4

Day 4 - Whatever happened to your __________?

Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.

---Socks---
I'm afraid I'm going to have to talk about socks again. A few readers may remember that near Christmas I asked readers to vote of their favourite sock pattern from a List and then I'd knit them and give them out for Easter.... well I choose 10 patterns and then some of you voted and we came up with the top 4 and I started on number 1 immediately. well truth is.... they never really got started. They were the Monkey Socks by my 3rd favourite Knitting person - Cookie A.
The pattern is a lacy-inspired pattern and I used some Rico Microspun in a brown/white colourway. I got to the heel on one sock and stopped..... just stopped. Why? the heel instructions...... I don't like them.
I tried it and then ended up ripping out to just before the heel again. I put the pattern away with the Yarn and the project on the needles intending to find a pattern with an easy heel to apply to them... Christmas passed and they didn't move Valentines..... no movement. and here we are: 3 weeks to Easter and I unearthed them from the stash bag I got from Joanne for Christmas. (they're in the purple bag)

Just they way I had left them. Pattern and all still in the bag along with what's left of the ball of Yarn. I feel kinda sorry for Them. They were thrown in there with some acylic, a Packet of Golden Wonder Crisps(I have no idea when or how) a hair claw and my old Make-up bag. The only thing worth talking to would be the lone ball of Sidar escape who was bought with some Merino, with plans for a fairisle set....
As I am writing this I'm feeling increasingly more sorry for the Cookie A socks... They didn't do anything wrong, one of them hasn't even been started yet. I've felft so bad that Ive took out the pattern and the unfinished sock still on the needles and I worked a few rows. I found a pattern for some easy socks on lion brand website and I have them now halfway along the foot. I made these socks for a small size (about a 4 or 5) so I cannot try them on myself. My mother (a size 5) refuses to try them on with needles still on them and Lady's paws are far too small. I aim to have 1 of these finished soon. Photos will not be far long after it being done.

There are of course another pair of Socks which we havn't seen in a while.... and we won't. not until I can solve a certain issue with them falling to my akles when I make a single step.

---Toodles---
Sorry it was a short post but I am kinda in a hurry. Day 5 tomorrow. keep knitting
From Aki

No comments:

Post a Comment