Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

New Arrivals

---Books---

I don't often talk about books on this blog... I actually never really talk about books as a general rule. Mostly because I'd say 'I really like that book' and people would suggest another Author or another book. Or they'd say ' oh she writes like Whatsherface' and I'd give them a blank stare. I don't know the names of many authors...I know book titles more than authors.
Unless it's knitting books. I for some reason pick up their names much more readily and often... speaking of knitting booksGuess what arrived in the post by private courier today???

I'll give you a clue: it's the latest book by my favourite knitter. I already have 2 of her books and this new one makes 3....

That's right; it's All wound up by Yarn Harlot (Stephanie McPhee) and I'm so excited to get it. It arrived today from America on pre-order. (I had this baby pre-ordered from August)

It's the 3rd book of hers that I have, I also have 'Yarn Harlot' and 'Free Range Knitter'. I'm working on aquiring all the other books that she's had a hand in and a few which are just my personal wants. I think my next treat for myself will be 'Things I learned from knitting...wiether I wanted to or not' by Yarn Harlot.

I do of course still get my monthly edition of 'the Kniiter' and seem to cast on everything in it for someone or other. and I do frequent my wishlist on Amazon sometimes to see if anyone's offering a copy at an absurd price (it has never happened; but I live in hope)

---GB---
There used to be a story here. not anymore. Such is life.,
Toodles
 
Aki XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment